Tuesday 13 May 2014

How To Protect Your Direct Marketing Email Lists

Out of respect for my direct marketing mail lists I never include over items of interest in any message. My objective is to focus on thing. If I find the item useful & fascinating I don't require to detract attention from it.

What's On Display

Ever walk in to a department store where the display racks have taken over? It is hard to navigate through the aisles & find what you are looking for. Between the stacks of products & the garish signs a person can be driven to distraction.

Nothing in Common

Anyone on a direct marketing mail lists has already opted in for a specific reason. The individuals who have an interest in indoor greenery are not necessarily interested in organic farming. If I don't appreciate the warehouse attitude of, 'Here's everything in place, go & find it,' why would I require to open an electronic mail that does the same?

The only reason I ever think about the second or third item of interest is when they compliment another. For example if I am marketing a book on 'Caring for House Plants' & I do know about an available online work or a video that explains the same topic, I'll add those links as a matter of convenience.

Permission marketing is the principle behind building a direct marketing electronic mail list. Given the choice, shoppers will likely leave a cluttered display-crazy store to discover a more pleasant experience. If they hit our list with junk they are not interested in, they are going to be gone.

They Can Always Opt Out

Direct marketing through regular mail or  mail is effective because the message is usually short, to the point & of interest to anyone on the list. People stay because they buy items of interest to them. They won't wander around or read a bunch of advertisement copy for long before leaving for nice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment